Friday, June 15, 2012

THE 7 TAG


Thanks to author Jenny Phillips, a Facebook friend, I've been tagged by the 7 tag, again. As  reminder, here's the rules:
Go to page 7 or 77 in your current manuscript
Go to line 7
Post on your blog or Facebook page the next 7 lines, or sentences, as they are – no cheating
Tag 7 other authors to do the same

 And here's my bit, from my YA dytopian:


“Have to be,” I pant, wishing for water to slake the thirst burning my throat. “Lived a life on the run.”
Moonlight slides over his dark blond hair when he stands and scopes the empty business. Glass shards stand like crystal teeth in the open maw of the blown-out window. A heap of metal and wood squats beneath a sign in the back corner claiming Jukebox. Near the side wall runs a long wooden counter, lined in front by pitted brass barstools. Ironically, that side wall is pristine, lined with cut-crystal goblets and dusty alcohol bottles.
I leave Aaron at the window, watching the area for sings of our pursuers.

Y'all already know that I refuse to tag anyone, so scamper off and play, darlings!

No comments: